Mercy Family Credit Union (formerly St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Employees Credit Union) was chartered February 15th, 1965.
On July 1st, 1998, City Employees Credit Union (chartered December 27th, 1930) merged into Mercy Family Credit Union to form Mercy-City Family Credit Union.
On February 1st, 2004, Lehigh Employees Credit Union (chartered October 6th, 1941) merged into Mercy-City-Family Credit Union to form Mercy-City-Lehigh Family Credit Union.
On November 1st, 2012, Government Employees Credit Union (chartered 1930) merged into the Mercy-City-Lehigh Family Credit Union to form MCLG Family Credit Union.
In January of 2015, in order to better unify the surviving credit unions, MCLG Family Credit Union changed its legal name to CENT Credit Union.
In 2015, Northwestern States Cement Employee Credit Union merged with CENT Credit Union.
On December 31, 2016, CENT announced the purchase of two new locations, The CENTer and CENT WestSide. More on this can be found here.
CENT now serves:
- All health-related professionals, heath-related employees, incorporated and non-incorporated affiliates and organizations of the health care field, within a 65-mile radius of Mason City;
- Employees of the City of Mason City;
- Employees of the Lehigh Portland Cement Company;
- All public employees in Cerro Gordo County;
- Employees of the Federal Government, the United States Postal Service, the United States Parcel Service and the Federal Express Co., in Butler, Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Franklin, Hancock, Mitchell, Winnebago, Worth Counties in Iowa;
- Employees of the Iowa Department of Human Services, the Iowa DOT, Iowa State Patrol, the Iowa DNR and the Iowa Workforce Development in Cerro Gordo County;
- Employees of this Credit Union;
- Employees of Schukei Chevrolet;
- Employees of Mason City Business Systems;
- Members of the Lehigh Employees Credit Union as of the date of merger, February 1st, 2004;
- Employees of such small employee groups as may be approved from time to time by the Superintendent;
- Member of the Government Employees Credit Union as of the date of merger, November 1st, 2012.
- Including persons related to a primary member or member’s spouse such as parents, grandparents, children and grandchildren, sisters and brothers, great grandparents, great grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and such relatives of a deceased member;
- Members of the City Employees Credit Union as of the date of merger, July 1st, 1998;
- Members of the Cerro Gordo Employees Credit Union as of the date of merger with City Employees Credit Union, June 16th, 1986;
- Members of Northwestern States Cement Employee Credit Union as of the date of the merger;
- Employees of Woodharbor Custom Cabinetry;
- Family members of any of the above groups. Family members shall include persons in the same household and persons related to the member by the first, second, or third degree of consanguinity of affinity, including foster children, adoptive children, and such relatives of a deceased member.